“Sport is a preserver of health”
Sports play an important role in the physical development of the Students.
Regular exercise is a critical part of staying healthy. People who are active live longer and feel better. Physical Activity helps you to maintain good health, physically fit and mentally healthy. Physical activity becomes an outlet for releasing tension and anxiety, and facilities emotional stability. In order to develop integrated personality among students, Our College focuses on the holistic development of students. As a sequel to this, equal emphasis is laid on sports and games along with academics. Students are encouraged to participate and excel in sports in order to provide relaxation, channelize their energy, nurture competitive spirit, enhance team spirit and achieve leadership qualities.
Sports activities are given utmost importance. Our students regularly participate in all sports competitions and bring laurels to the institution and themselves. Our sports complex, very soon will be a marvel in itself boasting of Standard grass Football ground, Volleyball courts, Basketball courts, etc. Another added facility is indoor Badminton courts, table tennis tables and Carrom boards and a fully equipped gym very soon. The atmosphere and surroundings of the College are conducive for developing sports personalities and sports activities.
‘Sports and Games’ is an area much sought after by the student community of this college.
Students of this college have achieved remarkable feats as Winners in Football in the first year of its inception and Runners-up in Chess and Cycling in the Inter-collegiate tournaments organized by Goa University.
No other thing in life affords students such opportunity to develop positive character traits and to soak up many quality values as sports does. Here are some benefits that may come from playing sports such as: Honesty, Teamwork, Fair play,
Respect for themselves and others, and Adherence to rules.
- Vast playing areas for major outdoor games such as Football, Athletics, Basketball, Cricket, kabaddi, Tennikoit and volley ball.
- Standardized Indoor place to facilitate all indoor games like badminton, table tennis, Carrom and chess.
- Sports engineers share a love for sports as they research and develop a range of technologies and products for the industry.
- Sport is definitely one of the greatest things man has ever created. It’s also a powerful tool that breaks down all the barriers and helps us feel good about ourselves, both physically and mentally.
- To develop physical fitness by maintaining and increasing such components as speed, flexibility, muscular strength, muscular endurance, aerobic capacity and anaerobic capacity.
- To develop an understanding of the importance of sport in the pursuit of a healthy and active lifestyle at the College and beyond.
- To promote an awareness of and an ability to appreciate the aesthetic qualities of sporting performance and movement.
- To develop the capacity to maintain interest in a sport or sports and to persevere in order to achieve success.
- To prepare each student to be able to participate fully in the competitive, recreational and leisure opportunities offered outside the College environment.
- To develop leadership skills and foster qualities of co-operation, tolerance, consideration, trust and responsibility when faced with group and team problem-solving tasks.
- To use sport as a means to develop social interaction and so learn about others as well as themselves.
- To provide a release for pupils in order to refresh for academic work.
- To promote an understanding of physical and mental well-being through an appreciation of stress, rest and relaxation.
- To provide healthy competition through inter-Collegiate and intramural matches.
- Sport that they can enjoy and participate in with some success.